Today a new DataCite Metadata Schema version was released.
Version 2.2 of the DataCite Metadata Schema introduces several changes, as noted below:
- Addition of “URL” to list of allowed values for relatedIdentifierType.
- Addition of the following values to list of allowed values for contributorType: Producer, Distributor, RelatedPerson, Supervisor, Sponsor, Funder, RightsHolder.
- Addition of “SeriesInformation” to list of allowed values for descriptionType.
- Addition of “Model” to list of allowed values for resourceTypeGeneral.
Version 2.2 of the DataCite Metadata Schema documentation includes these changes:
- Provision of more examples of xml for different types of objects.
- Explanation of the PublicationYear property in consideration of the requirements of citation.
- A change to the definition of the Publication property, which now reads, “The name of the entity that holds, archives, publishes, prints, distributes, releases, issues, or produces the resource. This property will be used to formulate the citation, so consider the prominence of the role.”
The DOIs for the new version are: